As an all-volunteer organization, WID is grateful to our members for their willingness to serve on committees. Committee chairs welcome the involvement of all WID members for a variety of roles. Opportunities range from event planning and sponsorship, to programming for young professionals, to membership and communications, or serving as a career advisor.
The time commitment for volunteering is usually just a few hours a month and always flexible to match your schedule. Your volunteer participation is a valuable way to make peer connections, while also engaging in important and relevant professional activities.
We hope to hear from you as we look forward to an exciting year!
How to volunteer with WID:
- Sign up here to submit your application. PLEASE SELECT AT LEAST TWO AREAS OF VOLUNTEER INTEREST.
- WID’s Volunteer Chair, Ann Louden, will contact you to match you to the appropriate committee based on your skills and interests.
- Once assigned to a committee, committee leadership will contact you about committee activities and opportunities.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Meeting, collaborating with, and learning from the professionals of the WID membership in the greater New York City area.
- Sharing your expertise with WID and being recognized for your talents.
- Gaining a better appreciation of volunteering, is especially beneficial if you engage volunteers in your own workplace.